When I saw the press release about the Genesis II model lineup refresh, I trotted to my computer to update my Weber Genesis II E-310 review.
The Weber Genesis II E310 is the most basic model of the Genesis 3 burner gas grill product family. But even without the side burner and sear burner (you will find these features in more expensive Genesis II #-330 grill), the E-310 will provide you with the superior grilling performance.
Genesis has been known for years as a name for an amazing series of grills. What makes it different are its features which have been further developed so as to provide better results to users.
Please keep reading my review to learn about the features and benefits of this tremendous barbecue grill and about similar models derived from the E-310.
Table of Contents
- Weber Genesis II E31x Models – Quick Summary
- Weber Genesis II E-310 Overview
- Feature Updates
- Weber E310 Specifications
- Weber Genesis E310 Reviews From Customers
- Pros and Cons
- What is in the box?
- Accessories To Consider
- Available Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
Weber Genesis II E31x Models – Quick Summary
Here are quick summaries and comparison of Weber Genesis E-310, S-310, and E-315 gas grills.
|Weber Genesis II E-310||Open cart||Black||
|Weber Genesis II S-310||Open cart||Stainless Steel||
|Weber Genesis II E-315||Closed cart||Black or Copper||
Weber Genesis II E-310 Overview
At the moment of writing this review, the Weber Genesis II E-310 was one of the latest addition to the Genesis series of gas barbeques.
New features were added and others were enhanced so that users will find it more convenient to grill on their Weber E-310.
The grill features a wide cooking area of 513 square inches of cooking space. You can add 156 sq in tuck-away warming rack to get the total 669 square inchi cooking area that will serve not only your family dinner bit a small home party.
Genesis gas grills have long been known for their amazing ability to cook meat to perfection. The features added to this product though enhance its cooking performance even more.
The Weber E310 gas bbq features porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates which help in retaining the heat so as to cook the meat evenly.
There is also a built-in center-mounted thermometer that allows you to monitor the temperature of your smoker.
This bbq, in my opinion, has one of the best designs for a gas smoker. It is not only stylish in appearance – but you can also tell that it is made of high-quality materials and this gives an assurance that you will be able to use it for many years.
The Weber Genesis II E-310 is the updated version of the popular Genesis I series E310 gas grill.
I have compared the old and the new model, and here is what I have found:
- One of the most obvious changes in the Genesis II E310 is the change of its control knobs’ design. The ergonomic control knobs are located on the front panel so as to be able to provide full-on heat control as you grill using its 3 stainless steel burners.
- Weber Genesis 310 also features a built-in electronic ignition system so that you will not take too much time and effort lighting up the bbq.
- You will no longer have to keep guessing whether you are running out of fuel as this cooking tool has a precision fuel gauge which lets you know how much fuel you have left. This applies to the LP model only.
- I used to like how the gas tank was discreetly hidden below the smoker in an enclosed cabinet. Now you have to choose the E-315 model if you prefer the cart with cabinet. The new E-310 model features an open cart design.
- The Genesis II grill has to be assembled upon delivery but that is not going to be a problem with the instructions that are included are easy to follow. You can do it on your own but it would not hurt to have someone help you so as to assemble it faster. Several retailers, e.g., Amazon.com offer optional Expert Assembly service.
Weber E310 Specifications
Specifications of the old Weber Genesis E310 model in brackets.
- Individual electronic ignition
- 3 Stainless steel burners
- 39000 (37500) BTU/h input
- Total cooking area = 669 sq in
- Primary cooking area = 513 sq in
- Warming rack area = 156 sq in
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Built-in lid thermometer
- 6 Tool hooks
- Liquid Propane or Natural Gas versions available
- Available colors – black, stainless steel, copper (depends on the model – see part number list below)
- Height: 62 (61) inches*
- Width R-L: 59 (54) inches*
- Depth: 31 inches*
*with open lid
Weber Genesis E310 Reviews From Customers
Customers have expressed their satisfaction regarding the speed of the heating and the distribution of heat. The grilling is done very evenly and food is cooked to perfection. The machine is easy and efficient to use, without any flare-ups or residues.
According to my research, the 513 square inches of grilling space provides a lot of real estate to put many pieces of meat and bread and cook them throughout and there are no hot spots. The flavorizer bars catch the remnants of the food and vaporize them so that the sauces and aroma circulate around the cooker and hence the flavor of the food is enhanced.
I think most users have felt that this product lives up to its price and comes with features that allow high-quality grilling. It comes with a user’s guide and customers have found success with their grilling with the easy instructions provided.
Some customers have stated in their Weber Genesis II E-310 review that the inclusion of the 3/8” quick disconnect was not mentioned in the guide and this has led to some people purchasing external quick disconnect features, which turned out to be redundant. Also, the amount of gas pressure required to operate the natural gas machine was not mentioned and this was also a problem and a potential hazard.
Pros and Cons
This Weber Genesis 3 burner grill offers a number of advantages.
- Multiple fuel and design options available
- Reaches high work temperature within a matter of minutes of preheating
- Grills the meat throughout and cooks it perfectly.
- It does not leave a mess behind thanks to the efficient grease management system
- There is a lot of space provided to place many pieces of meat, veggies, and bread and grill them at the same time
- The temperature is even and there are no hot spots.
- The stainless steel flavorizer bars retain the spices and vapor and make sure that the flavor of the food is rich
- The user’s manual provides direct instructions that allow for a remarkable grilling experience if followed properly.
- Even though it is expensive, it makes up for it with its great quality.
- The maximum heat levels this bbq can reach without the sear burner could be not suitable for extreme heat cooking
- No side burner
- The latest version does not have a fold-down side table for more efficient storage in limited space
What is in the box?
Included in the Webber E310 package are 2 heavy-duty front locking casters, 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters, and 2 extra-large stainless steel tables.
Accessories To Consider
When buying smoker like this one consider getting some drip pans like a set of Weber 6415 Small 7-1/2-Inch-by-5-inch Aluminum Drip Pans and the Weber Genesis grill cover.
There is a long list of accessories and upgrades the demanding grillmaster can dream about:
- iGrill 3 grill thermometer
- Sear grate
- Deluxe grilling basket
When you are considering getting the Weber Genesis E-310, you can choose between different fuel options, different colors, and open cart and closed cart designs.
Open Cart or Cabinet
You can choose between open cart E-310 and S-310, and E-315 with a cabinet.
There used to be a few color choices – you could get this BBQ in Stainless Steel (model S-310) or Black finish.
Now you have the same two colors for the E-310 (black E310 or stainless steel S310) and two color options for E-315 – Black or Copper. Sorry, the steel S-315 is not available at this time.
If you are looking for a 3 burner grill in bright colors, check out Spirit II E-310 which is available in Red, Ivory, Sapphire, and Black. Please scroll down to read a more detailed comparison of Genesis II E-310 and Spirit II E-310.
Natural Gas and Liquid Propane Fuel
Two choices as well – this model is available as natural gas and as liquid propane fueled barbecue.
It is important to note that it is not possible to convert the grill for use with other fuel types.
These are the model numbers for different color and fuel models.
Weber Genesis E-310
- 66011001 – Black Natural Gas (NG)
- 61011001 – Black Liquid Propane (LP) (current SKU)
- 61010001 – Black LP (discontinued SKU)
Weber Genesis II S-310
- 66001001 – Stainless Steel NG
- 61001001 – Stainless Steel LP
Weber Genesis II E-315
3 models of Weber Genesis II E-315 grill are available:
- 66015001 – Black NG
- 61015001 – Black LP
- 61025001 – Copper LP
Weber Genesis II E-325
Weber Genesis II E-325 is a limited edition model available through Walmart, Ace Hardware and few other selected retailers.
It is similar to the E-315 model (the one with cabinet), and it also features Sear Station burner like the one you would get in the E330 model.
It is available in black and indigo.
- 66017901 – Black NG
- ND – Indigo NG
- ND – Black LP
- 61077901 – Indigo LP
Let’s see how the Weber Genesis II E 310 compares to other similar Weber barbecue models.
Weber Genesis II E-310 vs S-310
The difference between E-310 and S-310 is primarily visual.
The Weber E-310’s lid is porcelain-enameled, but the lid of S-310 is made of stainless steel. It looks terrific but you should be ready to pay extra for the looks (click here to see the S310 price!).
Weber Genesis II E310 vs E315
The most distinct difference between these models is the grill cabinet of E-315 you will get for a reasonable additional cost (see the current price!):
- The Weber Genesis E-310 features open cart design
- The Weber Genesis E-315 features grill cabinet with painted steel doors
|Genesis II E-310||Genesis II E-315|
|Burners - number||3||3|
|Burners - input (BTU-per-hour)||39,000||39,000|
|Main cooking area||513||513|
|Warming rack area||156||156|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||669||669|
|Dimensions - Lid Open (inches)||62"H x 59"W x 31"D||62"H x 59"W x 31"D|
|Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches)||47"H x 59"W x 29"D||47"H x 59"W x 29"D|
|Available Colors||Black||Black / Copper|
|Price||See on Amazon.com||See on Amazon.com|
Weber Spirit E-310 vs Genesis E-310
The Weber Spirit II E-310 provides more space for the money and also more color options. Genesis II burners reach higher temperatures and cook more evenly. Genesis II models use temperature gauges and fuel gauges. The Genesis II series grill offers 39,000 BTUs, compared to the Spirit II which has 30,000 BTUs.
The propane tank is kept in a semi-enclosed space in the Genesis II and it is completely exposed in the Spirit II. The Spirit II contains two big wheels and Genesis II contains the wheels as well as two casters.
Genesis II lids are heavier and provide better insulation and more fuel-efficient preheating.
Both of these grilling machines are made in China. They have the same open-cart design and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates. Both of them have warming racks. While the Genesis II warming racks have a tuck-away feature, the Spirit II warming racks do not.
Both E310 grills have side tables with 6 hooks. They both come with a 10-year warranty and have a lot of similar features such as burner tubes, infinity ignition, updated grease management systems, and flavorizer bars.
|Genesis II E-310||Spirit II E-310|
|Burners - number and input (BTU-per-hour)||3 / 39,000||3 / 30,000|
|Main cooking area (square inches)||513||424|
|Warming rack area (square inches)||156||105|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||669||529|
|Frame||Welded tube frame||Panel frame|
|Stainless steel side tables||Fixed on both sides||Left folds down, right fixed|
|Dimensions - Lid Open (inches)||62"H x 59"W x 31"D||57"H x 52"W x 26"D|
|Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches)||47"H x 59"W x 29"D||44.5"H x 52"W x 27"D|
|Available Colors||Black||Black / Sapphire / Red / Ivory|
|Price||See on Amazon.com||See on Amazon.com|
Weber Genesis E-310 vs E-410
|Genesis II E-310||Genesis II E-410|
|Burners - number||3||4|
|Burners - input (BTU-per-hour)||39,000||48,000|
|Main cooking area||513||646|
|Warming rack area||156||198|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||669||844|
|Dimensions - Lid Open (inches)||62"H x 59"W x 31"D||62"H x 65"W x 31"D|
|Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches)||47"H x 59"W x 29"D||47"H x 65"W x 29"D|
|Available Colors||Black||Black / Copper / Crimson / Smoke|
|Price||See on Amazon.com||See on Amazon.com|
The E-410 is a bit larger version of the Weber Genesis E310 grill with more cooking space and higher BTUs. The E410 is available in additional colors.
If you often cook for crowds of 4 or more people and the available space and higher price is not an issue, the E-410 will be a smart choice.
Click here to see the Weber E-310 current price!
Frequently Asked Questions
What size drip pan for Weber Genesis® II E-310 gas grill?
The Weber 6415 Small Aluminum Drip Pan fits Genesis 3 burner and smaller grills. The top of the drip pan measures 8.5 x 6 inches and it tapers in so the bottom measures 7.5 x 5 inches.
What is the difference between the weber 61011001 grill and the 61010001?
The 61011001 is a current part number for the black Liquid Propane model. The 2019 Genesis II E-310 (61011001) is taller, has stainless steel flavorizer bars, no folding left-hand side table, and has a higher BTU rating.
Can you convert propane Genesis II E 310 to natural gas?
No, you can not convert Weber Genesis II from one fuel type to another.
The Weber Genesis E-310 grill offers excellent value for money for everyday use. But if you are looking for a grill that can heat up to 700 degrees, you should choose the model with the searing burner.