When I saw the press release about Genesis II model lineup refresh, I dashed to my computer to update my Weber Genesis II E-310 review.
The E310 is one of the top models of Genesis product line grills.
Genesis has been knowing for years as a name for an amazing series of grills. What makes it different are its features which have been further developed so as to provide better results to users.
Weber Genesis II E310 is a perfect gas grill for parties at home.
Table of Contents
- Weber Genesis II E310 Overview
- Features Upgrades
- Weber Genesis E310 Reviews From Customers
- What is in the box?
- Accessories To Consider
- Buying Options
Weber Genesis II E310 Overview
At the moment of writing this review, the Genesis II E-310 was one of the latest addition to the Genesis series of gas barbeques.
New features were added and while others were enhanced so that users will find it more convenient to grill on their Weber E-310.
The E310 features a wide cooking area and takes up 669 square inches of cooking space and these make it a great gas barbecue to use for parties at home.
Genesis gas grills have long been known for their amazing ability to cook meat to perfection. The features added to this product though enhance its cooking performance even more.
The gas bbq features Porcelain-Enameled cast-iron cooking grates which help in retaining the heat so as to cook the meat evenly.
There is also a built-in center mounted thermometer that allows you to monitor the temperature of your smoker.
This bbq, in my opinion, has one of the best designs for a gas smoker. It is not only stylish in appearance – you can also tell that it is made of high-quality materials and this gives an assurance that you will be able to use it for many years.
- One of the most obvious changes in the Weber II E-310 is the change of its control knobs’ location. These have been moved from the side table to the front panel so as to be able to provide full-on heat control as you grill using its 3 stainless steel burners.
- The Weber Genesis 2 E-310 also features a built-in electronic ignition system so that you will not take too much time lighting the bbq. You will no longer have to keep guessing whether you are running out of fuel as this cooking tool has a precision fuel gauge which lets you know how much fuel you have left.
- I used to like how the gas tank was discreetly hidden below the smoker in enclosed cabinet. Now you have to choose the E-315 model if you prefer the cart with cabinet. The new E-310 model features open cart design.
- The Genesis II E310 has to be assembled upon delivery but that is not going to be a problem with the instructions that are included are easy to follow. You can do it on your own but it would not hurt to have someone help you so as to assemble it faster.
Specifications of old model in brackets.
- Individual electronic ignition
- 3 Stainless steel burners
- 39000 (37500) BTU/h input
- Primary cooking area = 513 sq in
- Warming rack area = 156 sq in
- Total cooking area = 669 sq in
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Built-in lid thermometer
- 6 Tool hooks
- Liquid Propane or Natural Gas
- Available colors – black, stainless steel, copper (depends on model – see part number list below)
- Height: 62 (61) inches*
- Width R-L: 59 (54) inches*
- Depth: 31 inches*
*with open lid
Weber Genesis E310 Reviews From Customers
Customers have expressed their satisfaction regarding the speed of the heating and the distribution of heat. The grilling is done very evenly and food is cooked to perfection. The machine is easy and efficient to use, without any flare-ups or residues.
According to my research, the 513 square inches of grilling space provides a lot of area to put many pieces of meat and bread and cook them throughout and there are no hot spots. The flavorizer bars catch the remnants of the food and vaporize them so that the sauces and aroma circulate around the cooker and hence the flavor of the food is enhanced.
I think most users have felt that this product lives up to its price and comes with features which allow high-quality grilling. It comes with a user’s guide and customers have found success with their grilling with the easy instructions provided.
Some customers have stated that the inclusion of the 3/8” quick disconnect was not mentioned in the guide and this has led to some people purchasing external quick disconnect features, which turned out to be redundant. Also, the amount of gas pressure required to operate the natural gas machine was not mentioned and this was also a problem and a potential hazard.
Pros and Cons
This grilling machine has more pros than cons.
- It is cost-efficient, fuel-efficient and time-efficient.
- It offers two choices of fuel: natural gas or propane.
- It reaches high temperatures within a matter of minutes.
- It grills the meat throughout and cooks it perfectly.
- It does not leave a mess behind.
- There is a lot of space provided to place many meat and bread pieces and grill them at the same time.
- The temperature is even and there is no hot spot.
- The flavorizer bars retain the spices and vapor and make sure that the flavor of the food is rich.
- The user’s manual provides direct instructions which allow for a remarkable grilling experience if followed properly.
- Even though it is expensive, it makes up for it with its great quality.
- There is a 3/8” disconnect feature included with the grilling machine but this fact is not mentioned anywhere on the user’s guide or the box. This is inconvenient and has led to much confusion.
- The natural gas machine requires a certain amount of fuel to operate and it was not mentioned clearly in the user’s guide either.
What is in the box?
Included in the Webber E310 package are 2 heavy-duty front locking casters, 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters, and 2 extra large stainless steel tables.
Accessories To Consider
When buying smoker loke this one consider getting some drip pans like a set of Weber 6415 Small 7-1/2-Inch-by-5-inch Aluminum Drip Pans and a best grill cover for Weber Genesis.
- iGrill 3
- Sear grate
- Deluze grilling basket
There used to be few color choices – you could get this BBQ in Stainless Steel (model S-310) or Black finish.
Now you have the same two choices for the E-310 (black E310 or stainless steel S310) and two color options for E-315 – Black or Copper. Sorry, the stainless steel S-315 is not available at this time.
If you are looking for a 3 burner grill in bright colors, check out Spirit II E-310 which is available in Red, Ivory, Sapphire, and Black. Please scroll down to read a more detailed comparison of Genesis II E-310 and Spirit II E-310.
Natural Gas and Liquid Propane Models
Two choices as well – this model is available as natural gas and as liquid propane burning barbecue.
It is important to note that it is not possible to convert the grill for use with other fuel types.
These are the model numbers for different color and fuel models.
- 66011001 – Black Natural Gas
- 61011001 – Black Liquid Propane
- 66001001 – Stainless Steel Natural Gas
- 61001001 – Stainless Steel Liquid Propane
- 66015001 – Black Natural Gas
- 61015001 – Black Liquid Propane
- 61025001 – Copper Liquid Propane
Let’s see how the Weber Genesis II E 310 compares to other similar Weber barbecue models.
Weber Genesis II E-310 vs S-310
The difference between E-310 and S-310 is primarily visual. The E-310’s lid is pocelain-enameled, but lid of S-310 is made of stainless steel. It adds $100-$150 to the price of grill.
Weber Genesis II E-330 vs E-310
In the picture below you can see the E-310 and E-330 Liquid Propane models side by side.
As you can see, they are quite similar, but E330 has a number of additional features.
Here is the quick overview of E330 extra features:
- additional color choices – Copper, Crimson , Smoke
- 9,000 BTU per hour Sear Station burner
- 12,000 BTU per hour Side burner
For more information about the 330 model please check out my review of this BBQ.
Weber Genesis II E310 vs E315
|Genesis II E-310||Genesis II E-315|
|Burners - number||3||3|
|Burners - input (BTU-per-hour)||39,000||39,000|
|Main cooking area||513||513|
|Warming rack area||156||156|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||669||669|
|Dimensions - Lid Open (inches)||62"H x 59"W x 31"D||62"H x 59"W x 31"D|
|Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches)||47"H x 59"W x 29"D||47"H x 59"W x 29"D|
|Available Colors||Black||Black / Copper|
|Price||See on Amazon.com||See on Amazon.com|
The only difference between these models is the grill cabinet of E-315 you will get for reasonable additional cost (see price on Amazon.com!):
- The E-310 features open cart desing.
- The E-315 features grill cabinet with painted steel doors.
Weber Genesis II E-310 vs Spirit II E-310
|Genesis II E-310||Spirit II E-310|
|Burners - number and input (BTU-per-hour)||3 / 39,000||3 / 30,000|
|Main cooking area (square inches)||513||424|
|Warming rack area (square inches)||156||105|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||669||529|
|Frame||Welded tube frame||Panel frame|
|Stainless steel side tables||Fixed on both sides||Left folds down, right fixed|
|Dimensions - Lid Open (inches)||62"H x 59"W x 31"D||57"H x 52"W x 26"D|
|Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches)||47"H x 59"W x 29"D||44.5"H x 52"W x 27"D|
|Available Colors||Black||Black / Sapphire / Red / Ivory|
Both of these grilling machines are made in China. They have the same open-cart design and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates. Both of them have warming racks. While the Genesis II warming racks have a tuck-away feature, the Spirit II warming racks do not.
Both of them have side tables with 6 hooks. They both come with a 10-year warranty and have a lot of similar features such as burner tubes, infinity ignition, updated grease management systems and flavorizer bars.
The Spirit II provides more space compared to the money and also more color options. The Genesis II burners reach higher temperatures and cook more evenly. Genesis II models use temperature gauges and fuel gauges. The Genesis II series grill offers 39,000 BTUs, compared to the Spirit II which have 30,000 BTUs.
The propane tank is kept in a semi-enclosed space in the Genesis II and it is completely exposed in the Spirit II. The Spirit II contains two big wheels and the Genesis II contains the wheels as well as two casters.
Genesis II lids are heavier and provide better insulation and more fuel-efficient preheating.
Weber Genesis II E-310 vs E-410
|Genesis II E-310||Genesis II E-410|
|Burners - number||3||4|
|Burners - input (BTU-per-hour)||39,000||48,000|
|Main cooking area||513||646|
|Warming rack area||156||198|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||669||844|
|Dimensions - Lid Open (inches)||62"H x 59"W x 31"D||62"H x 65"W x 31"D|
|Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches)||47"H x 59"W x 29"D||47"H x 65"W x 29"D|
|Available Colors||Black||Black / Copper / Crimson / Smoke|
|Price||See on Amazon.com||See on Amazon.com|
The E-410 is a bit larger version of E-310 grill with more cooking space and higher BTUs. The E410 is available in additional colors.
If you often cook for crowds of 4 or more people and the available space and higher price is not an issue, the E-410 will be a smart choice.
Click here to see the Weber E-310 current price on Amazon.com!