Weber Genesis II E310 is one of the top models of Genesis product line grills.
Genesis has been knowing for years for its amazing series of grills and what makes this grill different are its features which have been further developed so as to provide better results to users.
Weber Genesis II E310 is a perfect gas grill for parties at home.
Table of Contents
Genesis II E310 Overview
At the moment of writing this review, the E-310 gas barbeque was a new addition to the Genesis series of gas barbeques.
New features were added and while others were enhanced so that users will find it more convenient to grill on their Weber E-310.
The E310 smoker features a wide cooking area and takes up 669 square inches of cooking space and these make it a great gas barbecue to use for parties at home.
Genesis gas grills have long been known for their amazing ability to cook meat to perfection. The features added to this product though enhance its cooking performance even more.
The gas bbq features Porcelain-Enameled cast-iron cooking grates which help in retaining the heat so as to cook the meat evenly.
There is also a built-in center mounted thermometer that allows you to monitor the temperature of your smoker.
This bbq, in my opinion, has one of the best designs for a gas smoker. It is not only stylish in appearance – you can also tell that it is made of high-quality materials and this gives an assurance that you will be able to use it for many years.
- One of the most obvious changes in the Weber II E-310 is the change of its control knobs’ location. These have been moved from the side table to the front panel so as to be able to provide full-on heat control as you grill using its 3 stainless steel burners.
- The Weber Genesis E-310 also features a built-in electronic ignition system so that you will not take too much time lighting the bbq. You will no longer have to keep guessing whether you are running out of fuel as this cooking tool has a precision fuel gauge which lets you know how much fuel you have left.
- I also like how the gas tank has been discreetly hidden below the smoker because of the E310’s enclosed cart.
- The Genesis E310 has to be assembled upon delivery but that is not going to be a problem with the instructions that are included are easy to follow. You can do it on your own but it would not hurt to have someone help you so as to assemble it faster.
- Individual electronic ignition
- 3 Stainless steel burners
- 37500 BTU/h input
- 12000 BTU/h input side burner
- 10000 BTU/h input sear station
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Built-in lid thermometer
- 6 Tool hooks
- Primary cooking area = 513 sq in
- Warming rack area = 156 sq in
- Total cooking area = 669 sq in
- Height: 61 inches*
- Width R-L: 54 inches*
- Depth: 31 inches*
*with open lid
Weber Genesis II E310 vs Spirit II E310
|Genesis II E-310||Spirit E310|
|Main cooking area||513||424|
|Warming rack area||156||105|
Both of these grilling machines are made in China. They have the same open-cart design and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates. Both of them have warming racks. While the Genesis II warming racks have a tuck-away feature, the Spirit II warming racks do not.
Both of them have side tables with 6 hooks. They both come with a 10-year warranty and have a lot of similar features such as burner tubes, infinity ignition, updated grease management systems and flavorizer bars.
The Spirit II provides more space compared to the money and also more color options. The Genesis II burners reach higher temperatures and cook more evenly. Genesis II models use temperature gauges and fuel gauges. The Genesis II series also has 37,000 BTUs, compared to the Spirit II which have 30,000 BTUs.
The propane tank is kept in a semi-enclosed space in the Genesis II and it is completely exposed in the Spirit II. The Spirit II contains two big wheels and the Genesis II contains the wheels as well as two casters. Genesis II lids are heavier and provide better insulation and more fuel-efficient preheating.
Weber Genesis II E-310 vs E-410
|Genesis II E-310||Genesis II E-410|
|Main cooking area||513||646|
|Warming rack area||156||198|
Customers have expressed their satisfaction regarding the speed of the heating and the distribution of heat. The grilling is done very evenly and food is cooked to perfection. The machine is easy and efficient to use, without any flare-ups or residues.
According to my research, the 513 square inches of grilling space provides a lot of area to put many pieces of meat and bread and cook them throughout and there are no hot spots. The flavorizer bars catch the remnants of the food and vaporize them so that the sauces and aroma circulate around the cooker and hence the flavor of the food is enhanced.
I think most users have felt that this product lives up to its price and comes with features which allow high-quality grilling. It comes with a user’s guide and customers have found success with their grilling with the easy instructions provided.
Some customers have stated that the inclusion of the 3/8” quick disconnect was not mentioned in the guide and this has led to some people purchasing external quick disconnect features, which turned out to be redundant. Also, the amount of gas pressure required to operate the natural gas machine was not mentioned and this was also a problem and a potential hazard.
Pros and Cons
This grilling machine has more pros than cons.
- It is cost-efficient, fuel-efficient and time-efficient.
- It offers two choices of fuel: natural gas or propane.
- It reaches high temperatures within a matter of minutes.
- It grills the meat throughout and cooks it perfectly.
- It does not leave a mess behind.
- There is a lot of space provided to place many meat and bread pieces and grill them at the same time.
- The temperature is even and there is no hot spot.
- The flavorizer bars retain the spices and vapor and make sure that the flavor of the food is rich.
- The user’s manual provides direct instructions which allow for a remarkable grilling experience if followed properly.
- Even though it is expensive, it makes up for it with its great quality.
- There is a 3/8” disconnect feature included with the grilling machine but this fact is not mentioned anywhere on the user’s guide or the box. This is inconvenient and has led to much confusion.
- The natural gas machine requires a certain amount of fuel to operate and it was not mentioned clearly in the user’s guide either.
What is in the box?
Included in the Webber E310 package are 2 heavy-duty front locking casters, 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters, and 2 extra large stainless steel tables.
Accessories To Consider
When buying smoker loke this one consider getting some drip pans like a set of Weber 6415 Small 7-1/2-Inch-by-5-inch Aluminum Drip Pans and a best grill cover for Weber Genesis.
There no many color choices – you can get this BBQ in Stainless Steel or Black finish.
If you are looking for a 3 burner grill in bright colors, check out Spirit II E-310 which is available in Red, Ivory, Sapphire, and Black.
Natural Gas and Liquid Propane Models
Two choices as well – this model is available as natural gas and as liquid propane burning barbecue.
- 61010001 Black Liquid Propane
- 61000001 Stainless Steel Liquid Propane
- 66010001 Black Natural Gas
- 66000001 Stainless Steel Natural Gas